Rescuers rush to aid of victims in north

Buguey, Cagayan province, the Philippines (CNN)Rescue efforts ramped up in the Philippines on Sunday to aid a quarter of a million people caught in the path of Typhoon Mangkhut, as authorities said dozens had been killed in the strongest storm of the year.

Government officials reported Sunday that 54 people had died, with 42 missing. Efforts to locate those still missing will resume on Monday.
President Rodrigo Duterte’s spokesman Harry Roque said most of the deaths were due to landslides, mainly in the Cordillera Administrative Region in northern Luzon.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

error: Content is protected !!